Monday, January 24, 2011

Emotions

Happy, Sad, Mad, Angry, Bored, Frustrated, and the list goes on.  Emotions are a part of everyday life, and frankly a part us "typicals" take for granted.  Though, for "atypicals" (autistic) emotions do not come naturally.  Just saying "I miss daddy" is a big feat.  That is why I was excited when I heard Blue Eyes mutter those words in a monotone fashion.  My heart swelled with such love and pride for my Blue Eyes.  He had finally voiced an emotion besides happiness or anger!  It was such a breakthrough.  And now, it's time to teach him the rest.  I know this road will be long and tedious, but I am willing to go the distance.  Blue Eyes will learn emotions one day, I just know it.  And I will be there along the way encouraging him through the trials he surely will endure!

No comments:

Post a Comment