Saturday, September 25, 2010

Missing my man!

  Today I recieved the first snail mail letter from my husband, EVER!  It is something that will forever be cherished and saved!  Not only was this a huge surprised, it was an amazing one.  Kevin has never been one for words, he always uses the wrong ones. :D  But, the words he used in this letter made me realize his love for me, and how he veiwed me.  It brought tears to my eyes and much needed joy to my heart.  It's amazing how just a few sentences added to the end of a letter can bring such happiness.  I am hoping that during times of stress, doubt, frustration, and self-doubt; I can bring out this letter and remember there is someone out there who loves me and cherishes me!  Thank you Kevin for these words, I love you, too!!!! 
   The only problem with this wonderful letter, is that it makes me miss Kevin even more then I did before.  My heart aches everytime one of our boys does something wonderful, and Kevin is there to miss it.  My bed and arms are lonely at night, making nightime the most difficult time of the day.  When something exciting or sad  happens, I don't have my best friend to turn to lend his shoulder or ear.  I cannot describe what it is like to be a single mom, but yet to be married at the same time.  Words cannot ever express the constant terror I live in that a knock on the door will bring the news every Army spouse fears!  My expressions will never show the agony I live in daily having my husband living 20 miles from the Iran border in NorthWestern Afganistan!  This is why this letter brings hope.  Because no matter what doubt or fear lives in my mind untill he returns safe, my heart will always know he loves me so much that it reaches across the distance!

~MarcieJ~

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem with missing baby boy. I love to see him on skype or see recent pictures, but then it makes me miss him more! So much it hurts.

    I can only imagine how lonely it is. I give you Army wives a TON of credit. I'm not sure I could do it. Thankful for the sacrifices you all make!

    Love you guys.

    Auntie

    ReplyDelete